Hello everyone, We Developer Brothers one of the best mobile application development company In Kanpur India are here to brief in detail about Mobile Application Development.
Lets Discuss a few more things in detail –
- Introduction to Mobile Application Development
- Types of Mobile Application Development.
- What is Android?
- What is Android Application Development?
- What is iOS?
- What is iOS Application Development?
- What are the differences between Android and iOS?
- List of Android Versions.
- List of iOS Versions.
- Some Amazing facts about Android and iOS.
Introduction to Mobile Application Development
2018, the 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era. With the increasing popularity and high demand of Smartphone and tablets there is a rapid demand of mobile applications on Android as well as iOS.
As per the latest stats by Gartner Android covers 69.77% and iOS covers 28.38% which definitely has to increase in future and so is the demand of application.
Mobile Application Development is basically designing and developing software’s for mobiles which is termed as Mobile Applications. Mobile Application Development is basically the demand, requirement of creating the necessary application as demanded by the OS and the user to perform their task. Examples – Facebook application, Adobe reader, Google Chrome and lot more.
Types or categories of Mobile Application Development.
There are 3 types of mobile application development.
- Native Apps
- iOS on Objective-C or Swift
- Android on Java
- Windows Phone on Net
- Hybrid Apps for all platforms altogether with Xamarin, React Native, Ionic, Angular Mobile Sencha Touch
Web apps as responsive versions of website to work on any mobile device.
What is Android?
Android is a mobile application operating system developed and designed by Google. Android is basically designed to work on all touch screen and Smartphone devices.
What is Android Application Development?
Android Application Development is basically the open source operating platform for Touch screen and Smartphone devices.
What is iOS? iOS Application Development?
iOS is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc i.e, ipad and iphone. Applications designed and developed for iOS.
Differences between Android and iOS?
- Highly customizable. You can change almost everything in the UI. Add widgets, change launcher, customize effects…
- Based in Linux. Open source OS. You can view the code, modify it, create your own distribution of Android (ROM).
- Most apps developed with JAVA.
- Not customizable. You can change the wallpaper and system sounds.
- Not open Source. Proprietary software. There are no ROMs. You can’t install your own ROMs.
- Apps developed with Objective-C and Swift.
List of Android Versions
- Android 1.0- September 2008
- Android 1.5 Cupcake- April 2009
- Android 1.6 SDK- Donut – September 2009
- Android 2.0 and 2.1 Éclair- November 2009
- Android Eclair 2.0-2.1 October 26, 2009
- Android 2.2 Froyo- May 2010
- Android Gingerbread 2.3-2.3.7 December 6, 2010
- Android 3.0 and 3.1 Honeycomb- May 2011
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0-4.0.4 February 22, 2011
- Android Jellybean 4.1-4.3.1 July 9, 2012
- Android KitKat 4.4-4.4.4 October 31, 2013
- Android Lollipop 5.0-5.1.1 November 12, 2014
- Android Marshmallow 6.0-6.0.1 October 5, 2015
- Android Nougat 7.0-7.1.2 August 22, 2016
- Android Oreo 8-8.1 August 21, 2017
- Android P Android 9.0 March 7, 2018
List of iOS Versions.